Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tigers sweep the Oil Kings 2-1

I thought the Tigers got off to a good start, but really laid off the gas pedal after the first 2 goals.

I thought the second period, and first 15 minutes of the third period were a little stagnant, I found myself switching over and watching the NFL playoffs.

I thought Linden Vey's line was a force through the game, and Tristan King had an incredible first period.

Emerson Etem was a little unlucky as a routine shot from outside the circle managed to just trickle in behind the Oil Kings Netminder Cam Lanigan. However the referee thought Lanigan caught the puck and blew play dead just as the puck was an inch from going into the net.

The tigers didn't bring their "A" game tonight but they found a way to win. I was a little surprised that Sportsnet showed the game on all 4 of their channels rather than just out west.

The tigers next action is on the road in Prince George. They play the Cougars, back to back in consecutive weekday games. A bit of an unusual schedule. The Cougars currently sit dead last in the whl, 11 points behind the Oil Kings.

The tigers get 4 straight games against the leagues bottom 2 teams, and I've heard rumblings about that from other fans and broadcasters. The tigers will have to try and take advantage of these two games, sometimes expecting an easier game can really backfire.

No comments: