Friday, October 1, 2010

WOW Joey Frazer named Assistant Coach

Medicine Hat, AB – Medicine Hat Tigers are pleased to announce this afternoon the hiring of Joey Frazer as the third member of the Tiger’s coaching staff.

Frazer, 20, from Brainerd, MN cleared WHL waivers and became a free agent today. He has taken up the Tiger’s offer to remain with the team in an assistant coach capacity.

“It is a pretty unique opportunity that I was handed, ” said Frazer. “I’m very excited. It’s going to be challenging but I think I’m ready for the challenge. I would like to thank the Masers and the coaching staff for having a lot of faith in me and offering me this job. ”

“It’s been a really crazy week. I go from getting released, which is pretty hard to handle but one door shuts and another door opens. I’m very excited about this. It should be really good and I am looking forward to it, ” stated Frazer.

“We are thrilled Joe has decided to remain a Tiger and join our coaching staff, ” commented Tiger’s head coach Shaun Clouston. “Joe has a tremendous work ethic, a winning attitude and understands the game. ”

“Darren and I are very excited about working together with Joey this season, ” said Clouston.

Frazer will make his coaching debut behind the bench tonight when the Tigers take on the Red Deer Rebels at 7:30 p. m.
http://www.tigershockey.com/article/tigers-name-joey-frazer-assistant-coach
--------------

That's awesome. This way the tigers get help behind the bench, and they have someone to go on the ice and skate with the team. Extremely happy for that Joey gets to stay with the team. Although I bet its going to be hard for him to see his friends on the ice during gameday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry but this is not a very smart at all, this is gonna stir up some shit between players.. wait and see...

Anonymous said...

how would that stir up shit? its keep a hard working player around so he can help the team.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, Way to go Joey. What a great way to keep someone who bleeds Orange and Black to stay with the club. The Tigers are a classy organization. By and Far the best club to be part of for sure. Kudos to Clewy, Krugs and Mr. Maser