The Draft starts 9 am Mountain Time Thursday, June 28th.
32nd Goaltender Mads Sogaard - Denmark 6'6 185 lbs 2000 Born
- Elite Prospects Page
- The upcoming season will be his 18yr old season.
- Last year he played in the NAHL. The NAHL is like Junoir A but in the USA.
- He was also drafted by the USHL last season in the 10th round.
- If the Tigers have an "up" season next year, this is depth and protection against Hollett leaving as a 20yr old, with the younger prospects still being quite young
- A potential candidate for Denmarks World Junoir Team
92nd Pick Vasily Podkolzin - Russia 5'11 165
Elite Prospects Page
- Next season will be his 17yr old year
- Has played internationally and Captained teams for Russia
- Pre-Season Mock drafts rate him as a potential 1st round draft pick. (The same site lists Williams as a 1st round pick as well). In reality its way to early, but a sign he has potential
- This could be a "flyer pick" Unsure if he will report, but taking a stab in the dark
Last Year's Imports
Kristians Rubins has graduated. Linus Nassen would be an overage next season. While Nassen could use another year of seasoning in the whl, his return for an Overage year seems unlikely. The Tigers already have 3 OA defenceman on the roster.
MH News Article Prior to the Draft
Looks like the Tigers didn't draft a defenceman. Because of that, we can't rule out Nassen potentially playing in his overage year. I think the Tigers are hoping he comes back.