Friday, July 15, 2022

Adam Sykora Signs with Rangers

 
NY Rangers
Tigers first overall CHL Draft Import pick signed and Entry Level contract with NY Rangers today.
 This will kick in a clause called the NHL-IIHF transfer agreement.

If the NHL team decides to send Sykora to any minor league team (including the Tigers) his home club back in Slovakia has the right to call him back since he is still under contract.
--


Sykora's Future
Sykora has said in a news release that he plans to make his decision on where he wants to play after the World Juniors next month. 

I'm not sure if he didn't sign would that would mean for his eligibility on coming over as I don't know the details on his current contract and not up to date on the transfer rules. 

 The only assurance this signing does is give him potential eligibility to play in the AHL, which makes me warry.  I'm not sure if the signing gives him a better chance of coming to the WHL or not? so I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. 

I don't know enough to understand what this signing means for his chances on coming over so we will have to wait for more information.

No comments: